Cleaning syrup pumps can be a tedious task but with these simple steps you’ll be pumping trouble free.
1) Fill up a large container with dish soap and warm water, place to the side.
2) Fill up another container with boiling hot water.
3) Remove all pumps from syrup bottles and place upside down in boiling water.
4) Take one syrup pump and place bottom tube in the boiling water. Slowly begin to pump, allowing water to saturate the crystallized syrup to loosen it up.
5) Pull apart the pump and submerge both ends into the soapy warm water for three minutes to kill bacteria.
6) Finally rinse one last time and reinsert back into syrup bottles. This should be done daily and will insure proper proportion to beverages.
The post Cleaning Syrup Pumps appeared first on Whats Brewing at Cora.