National Blueberry Month
Let’s celebrate National Blueberry Month!National Blueberry Month Oatmeal
These are five health benefits for consuming blueberries,
1) Fights off diseases – Because blueberries have the highest amount total antioxidants to fight off radicals in our body.
2) Reducing Belly fat – Researchers have found that blueberry intake affected genes linked to fat burning and storage.
3) Prevent Hypertension – A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition has that blue, red pigments found in the fruit gave protection against hypertension. Those eating more than 1/2 cup a week reduced their risk of developing the condition by 10% compared to those who didn’t.
4) Maintains you’re brain – Anthocyanins has been linked to an increase in neuronal signalling in brain centres. After a 12 week study on adults, it was found that wild blueberry juice showed functions of memory improvement.
5) Reduces risks for Colon Cancer – A compound found in blueberries called pterostilbene. Has shown capabilities to suppress colon tumor growth and inflammatory markers.
6) Give you’re body what it needs and order our delicious Modern Oats Goji Blueberry oatmeal here.